Sunday, March 18, 2007

Weekend rant: Why am I still here?

Gah, another slow weekend. It never ceases to amaze me how the gaming industry comes to a screeching halt every Saturday and Sunday. Traffic goes down, news is practically non-existent, gaming blogs feel like graveyards...

Us poor weekend readers are often left to fend for ourselves in such situations. That's actually half the reason I'm coming up with this weekly rant thing. FWA -- like so many other blogs -- is practically dead on Sundays, and somehow that just doesn't fly too well with me. I know there are people out there who still fire up their browsers to check for new info even on weekends. Sadly, there isn't always much in the way of information on quiet days like these, so the weekend rant seems like a good idea.

Moving on, I have no idea why I even have time for a weekend rant. By all means, I should be using the weekends to actually play games as opposed to spending half my day writing about them. That's something I like about anime and manga. You can watch/read them in short bursts without needing to spend hours crouched in front of your PC. I've got a ton of stuff to watch and read, too. I'm desperately trying to finish Texhnolyze and a couple of other series before the new anime season begins this April. All the Japanator editors managed to get ahold of the list of new anime series debuting this Spring, which resulted in a long string of Gmails (yes, that's what I call them) being sent back-and-forth to decide who would pick up what for reviewing.

I managed to grab Love Complex, Bokurano, The SKULLMAN, Koutetsu Sangokushi and Claymore. Every single one of those looks like a kickass series and I can't wait for the fansubs to turn up. I'll be sure to make mention of it on FWA when I do "First Impressions" for all of those on Japanator.

I finally got down to finishing Ciel's ending in Tsukihime last night. She was OK, I guess. Arcueid is still my favourite by far. She's also the most important character in the series, so I guess her ending is the only one that really counts. Next up are Akiha and Hisui. Those should definitely be interesting. I'm quite curious to see what other secrets the Tohno family mansion guards. I have to say, the soundtrack in this game is really something, too. I've had it on loop for about a half hour now and am still listening to it while typing this up.

Well, that's that I guess. Enough ranting ... let's see if I can dig up some weekend content for people to read!

No comments: