Nintendo "dream project" underway

According to Cubed3, there's a certain project underway for the Wii, and it involves some of the biggest names in the Japanese gaming industry (No, it isn't Seeds). The info has been sourced from Famitsu, so there's absolutely no doubt that this it legit: Marvelous Interactive (Harvest Moon), CING (Hotel Dusk) and Townfactory are working together on a game presently known only as "Project O".
Of course, in true Nintendo tradition, the aforementioned companies have refused to let any other information out on the game, apart from the fact that it involves Hideo Minaba, an ex-Square Enix art director currently working with Mistwalker for character designs on A.S.H. for the DS and Kazuyuki Kurashima, a graphic artist who worked on the monster designs for the SNES Super Mario RPG.
Curiouser and curiouser. I must say, this "Project" tradition is catching on. We already have a "Project S", which is supposedly a joint effort by Hideo Kojima and Suda 51. Perhaps this is a nod to them? A subtle, yet clear signal that the race to create outrageously mysterious Wii projects that don't really exist is on?
I doubt it. All the same, "Project O" does sound rather intriguing, and -- as the team down at Cubed3 noted -- is a prospect as good, or possibly better than Chrono Trigger's development team. Maybe it will involve solving the murder of a particular barnyard animal on a farm in the late 1970s. George Orwell would make such a kickass script writer for this one. "Harvest Dusk: Shed 309".
But then again, Seeds has a pretty kickass team of its own and they're probably working on a Wii project, too. Maybe they'll call theirs "Project Q" ... or "Y". Or even "X" for that matter. I'd totally pre-order a "Project X" the minute it gets announced.
5 comments:
Yay for more obscure projects. Nintendo should make a project line to exist next to there touch generation. btw I don't think Project S is still high priority. Kojima has stated that the title after MGS4 will be an X360 title maybe they just changed the platform, that would be a worse case scenario in my opinion.
Yea, I don't think Project S will be taking off anytime soon either. Both Kojima and Suda love the Wii, but MGS4 will take some time to finish. Both also stated they wanted to try making something for the 360, too.
Kojima's also really interested in PC gaming.
I dunno about Suda going to make something for the xbox anytime soon, apperently there busy making 3 Wii titles at the moment. If that ain't enough there also 2 DS games announcened.
There also is a new No More Heroes trailer. Style wise it's more simulair to Killer7 than I've ever imagined. Still I suspect there will be a lot of complaining about the graphics. I don't really care, I've stop reading comments on most blogs anyway. Don't know about you but I'm excited about all this might be the best news I've heard, comming from GDC.
Oh and I know Kojima wants to make a PC game for a long time now. The only thing that is stopping him right now is his team who are not exactly trilled about that idea.
Yea, I saw that, too. It looks so awesome. :D
Post a Comment