Suda 51 Interview at IGN!!!

No introductions. I'm too busy trying not to wet my pants while reading this. Excerpts below, direct link here. Comments at the end.
IGN Wii: Do you consider games an art form?
Suda: I assure you that videogames are an extension of an art form. In my opinion, the highest form of art is the existence of videogames.
IGN Wii: You have been a big Nintendo supporter -- first on GameCube and soon on Wii. Why have you decided to put your games on Nintendo platforms?
Suda: I find Nintendo's support to be very satisfying. Since GameCube was an ideal platform as a developer, I decided to develop a new game on Wii as well.
GameCube an ideal platform? That's the first time I've heard anyone say that.
IGN Wii: We loved Killer 7. Would you ever consider doing a sequel?
Suda: I am happy to hear that you loved Killer 7. Thank you! I don't exactly know whether there will be a sequel, because the Killer 7 IP belongs to Capcom. I am not at all opposed to the idea of developing sequels to the game at all, but I always want to challenge and create games with new ideas if possible.
Yes, Suda, yes! Tell me more! *tries not to wet his pants*
IGN Wii: Killer 7 was an "on-rails"-style adventure game. How is No More Heroes different in terms of what you can do and where you can go??
Suda: No More Heroes is not an "on-rails"-style adventure game. It is a free running/roaming style action game. The title is set in a small fictional town called Santa Destroy, located on the US West Cost. Story missions (Killer ranking rounds) and submissions (money earnings) are scattered throughout the map. The game progresses after players choose missions. No More Heroes is a genuine action where players control main character, Travis, but it hardly uses the wireless remote controller, which is one of the characteristics of Wii. The basic tactic is to attack with A button. The finishing move/attack is made by using the motion of the Wii controller. It is totally a different type of game from Killer 7.
The interview gets even more interesting from here on. Suda goes on to mention that his next project is being planned for the 360. Hmmm ... Kojima said the same thing, too. Also, when asked to comment on "Project S", the game being developed together by him and Hideo Kojima for the Wii, Suda simply refused to let out any information (which all but confirms that the rumour is true).
The man is an inspiration.
No comments:
Post a Comment