Friday, January 4, 2008

Wavebirds No Longer Shipping To Stores?


Say it ain't so! Is the Wavebird is getting the axe? GoNintendo reports that is is.

I haven’t heard of any plans to offer the WaveBird Wireless Controllers in stores again (I did some checking, and we are still shipping the original Nintendo GameCube Controllers to stores).
If you’re unable to find the original
Nintendo GameCube Controller locally, you can still order this item from us.
- Nintendo customer service rep


Okay, so they aren't going to stop selling them completely, just in stores. The Wavebird is probably my favorite controller of all time and was one of the first reliable and consistent wireless controllers out on the mainstream market. This is to be expected since it was made for a last generation console, but I still am a bit surprised. I use my silver Wavebird I've had for probably three or four years with the Wii all the time, for playing Virtual Console and Gamecube games. I would think Nintendo would want to keep it around as a part of the whole "wireless controller" fad going around these days. I also wonder if the upcoming game, Super Smash Brothers: Brawl would help push sales of Gamecube controllers since the game supports it. I know I'll be using mine. I just hope they don't bump the price up like outdated sort of things tend to do.

Would it be wise for Nintendo to continue selling Gamecube controllers and Wavebirds altogether? Actually, I think it'd be better if Nintendo gave the controller a face lift and started selling them as another controller for the Wii. How about Bluetooth and Gamecube support? Make it white and light blue? Good idea, no? Maybe, maybe not. I don't think it will happen, but it would be nice.

[Source: GoNintendo]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the traffic court of Moncler jacketsa large mid-western city, a youngMoncler coats lady was brought beforeMoncler the judge to answer a ticket given her for driving through a red light. She explaineddiscount ugg boots to his honor that she was a school teacherclassic ugg boot and requested an immediateugg classic tall boots disposal of her case in ugg bootorder that she might classic ugg boothasten on to her classes. A wild gleam ugg classic tall bootscame into the judge's eye. "Youbape shoes are a school teacher, eh?" said he. "Madam, I shall bape jacketsrealize my lifelong ambition. Sit down at that table and write 'I went through a red light' five hundred times."