TOKYOPOP confirms solicitations for first half of 2008

TOKYOPOP certainly is on a role. The publisher recently confirmed its list of solicitations for the entire first half of 2008, and among the series planned for publishing are the FLCL novel, .hack//G.U.+, Rose Hip Rose, Futari H (or "ecchi") and a few series based on videogames.
The videogame book list consists of StarCraft Anthology, WarCraft Anthology, a Hellgate: London series and a Shin Megami Tensei series.
In all, the total list of 38 titles comprises manga, manhwa, world manga, art books, and novels. Personally, I can't wait for Rose Hip Rose. I read the scanlated version ages ago and the thought of having a licensed copy of my own generates a whole lot of nostalgia and excitement.
Oh, and Futari Ecchi of course.
[Via Anime News Network]
4 comments:
Not having the second Twelve Kingdoms novel on that list is disgusting, and it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. If it takes Tokyopop longer than a year to translate each novel, they should probably not have even tempted the feat. I'll be 30 before they ever finish the series.
It's a nice list and all, and I give Tokyopop a dash of respect, but I'm becoming more disappointed with the company. It's too often that they take on ventures and then drop them without warning or, at least as far as I'm concerned, justification. Remember Afterlife? It was the best American concept ever to be published by a manga company, and we've been without a sequel for ... oh yeah, forever. I could say almost the same for Gyakushu. Starting what seems to be a series and then bailing on the reader is just a dick move.
I'll keep buying their books, obviously, but I hope they stop screwing me over when I take a chance on something new.
I know what you mean. I also kind of hate how TOKYOPOP will announce a project an entire year before they are even ready to talk about it.
One series missing from that list is Jun'ai Tokko Taicho, which is being translated by them in late 2007. However, it has been lying on Amazon for the past God knows how many months without a publisher mentioned. I always suspected it was TP and when I checked last week, my suspicions were confirmed.
But, my point is, I don't like how they'll mention projects that happen an entire year from now, but say nothing about what they plan to work on for the rest of this year, which is what really matters.
Quick question-
What manga is the picture of the man with the gun from? That picture really caught my eye.
It's from MPD Psycho. I was suprised to see it, as it's a great manga as well as TV Series by Takashi Miike.
Post a Comment