SCEA breaks into blogging scene

Will wonders never cease? It seems Sony is starting to see the advantages of dropping their uptight, corporate image in favour of a more loose, fanbase-oriented persona ... to an extent of course. What started with "All I want for X-Mas is a PSP" has now evolved into a more intelligent attempt to promote SCEA and communicate with their fans.
“PlayStation.Blog is a bit of work in progress, we see it as a place where we can share with you our company’s collective insights, opinions and perspectives on all things related to SCEA, PlayStation and the industry we play in.
“At the moment, we’re thinking about sharing all sorts of things here, ranging from product news and title announcements to developer updates and industry opinion posts – all of which will come straight from the people here inside SCEA who are working, thinking and playing with this stuff everyday.”
Good stuff. Official blogs are always a good thing. Well, at least in the way of providing accurate information. Hopefully, the SCEA blog will have a little bit of personality that helps it set itself apart from the drab, boring publicity rants employed by Sony executives to generate hype.
[Via Next Generation]
2 comments:
Certainly a gusty move considering the underhanded plays they've made to win over the online community. If they can be honest and useful I think it'll go a long way for them, if they somehow slip up again and get caught doing something they shouldn't I'd dread to think of the backlash.
So all we need now is a Nintendo official blog, the Smash Bros site is an interesting start but someone within Nintendo producing a daily update on where the company is would go a long way to playing down the Megatons that build up between their prepared statements. Reggie needs like a Mini-Reggie to run the blog.
You know, it would be hilarious if their poster's avatar was actually that of a mini-Reggie. People would probably love that.
I know I'd read the blog just to look at the mini-Reggie avatars running amock.
But on a more serious not, yea ... I am extremely interested in seeing how serious Sony is about trying to bridge the gap between their consumers and themselves. Ironically enough, their PR department has been doing just the opposite so far.
I'd also like to see if they can come up with something unique for their style and presentation, so it doesn't seem like a corporate blog. While I appreciate Major Nelson's Microsoft blog (very informative), underneath all the fluff, it's just another Microsoft exec trying to appeal to the consumers.
Post a Comment