Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Hunt for missing British girl hits Second Life


According to a CNN report, the hunt for missing four-year old Madeleine McCann is going to be hitting Second Life in an attempt to gather more leads as to her whereabouts.

Madeline went missing at a hotel resort in Portugal on May 3rd. Since then, several posters appealing for any information from the Portuguese resort where she went missing have been translated into several languages according to Jim Gamble of the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre.
Tourists who stayed at the Portuguese resort from where she was abducted have been urged in the past three weeks to hand over any holiday photographs which might contain clues to her kidnapper.

British detectives have been using advanced facial recognition software to scan the pictures and pass on any useful information to Portuguese police.

Virtual posters of Madeline will also be put up in prominent locations in Second Life. Gamble said the move demonstrated the commitment of the police to pursue the hunt for the girl.

It certainly does seem like an ingenious move. While I'm not sure many Second Lifers were at the hotel resort where the girl went missing, putting up virtual posters in such a popular online world would definitely increase the chances of her being found. At this point, it is believed by her parents (Kate and Gerry) that she is in Morocco. The very best of luck to both of them. And I dearly hope the bastard who made off with her gets what he deserves.

3 comments:

SockDog said...

This is terribly sad but I wonder why the press has latched onto this story and given these people such a huge level of publicity.

Really, I walk into Walmart and see a whole wall covered in missing children photo's. I hope they find their daughter but more so hope they turn this around to benefit ALL parents with missing children.

Ishaan Sahdev said...

I know, it's crazy how there are so many "missing children" cases and that only the ones with unique or odd circumstances get reported.

Still, I hope they find her. And yes, some sort of forum for missing children cases would definitely be a good thing. Here's hoping that Kate and Gerry take the initiative.

Anonymous said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,飛機杯,自慰套,充氣娃娃,AV女優.按摩棒,跳蛋,潤滑液,角色扮演,情趣內衣
免費視訊聊天,辣妹視訊,視訊交友網,美女視訊,視訊交友,視訊交友90739,成人聊天室,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,情色視訊,情人視訊網,視訊美女
一葉情貼圖片區,免費視訊聊天室,免費視訊,ut聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,影音視訊聊天室,

辣妹視訊,美女視訊,視訊交友網,視訊聊天室,視訊交友,視訊美女,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,視訊交友90739,免費視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,視訊聊天,視訊交友aooyy
哈啦聊天室,辣妺視訊,A片,色情A片,視訊,080視訊聊天室,視訊美女34c,視訊情人高雄網,視訊交友高雄網,0204貼圖區,sex520免費影片,情色貼圖,視訊ukiss,視訊ggoo,視訊美女ggoo
080苗栗人聊天室,080中部人聊天室ut,ut影音視訊聊天室13077,視訊做愛,kk777視訊俱樂部
A片下載,成人影片下載,免費A片下載,日本A片,情色A片,免費A片
影音視訊聊天室,辣妹視訊