Sunday, April 1, 2007

Weekend rant: I hate colds

Ugh. Colds. If there's one thing in the world I can't put up with, it's colds. You can't breathe, eat, sleep or even visit the loo without having your blocked/leaky nose annoy you in some form or the other. I'd rather have each of my limbs slowly cut off on by one with a rusted chainsaw than suffer from a cold. And the damned things take like, a week to go away!

*Ahem*

Anyway, that's that. So ... weekend's here and as usual, there's no news. Except for a bunch of stupid April Fool's pranks on damned near every site out there. I'm sick of looking at "Gears of War heading to Nintendo Wii!" and similar headlines all over the place.

Speaking of which , this is the most retarded story I've seen all day ... quite possibly in my entire life. I'd advise you to think twice before clicking the link ... it's almost certain to fry your brain.

In non-fake/retarded news, we have ... let's see...

Ah, yes. This is fun. A petition addressed to Square Enix asking them to port Final Fantasy XIII over to the 360. Jesus Christ, people ... give it a break already, would you? Petitions aren't the key to every single problem on the planet. Oh, and if you're going to send a petition to a Japanese developer, make sure you type "Japanese", not "Japaneze". Yeah, I can totally see this riding well with Square.

Ugh. This cold is catching up with me again. I haven't done a damned thing all day ... just been sitting around and trying to read some manga. I can't even play on my DS ... if I look down at it, my nose starts to run (ewww, I know). Argh! @%#$!

So ... what are the rest of you guys up to? Chris is probably spending his weekend catching up on all the anime he's been deprived of all these years and completing all the h-games I keep recommending to him. Jelster ... you're being bullied around by the wife, aren't you, sir? Either that, or you finally managed to buy some games this week (C&C3 maybe?) and are busy with those.

Cody ... I have no idea what you do with your free time. Have you had a chance to check out Heroes of Mana yet? Awesome post on TRPGs, by the way.

OK, time to wrap up this post ... much as I'd love to ramble on, I seriously can't even think any more right now. My nose and throat are both killing me. I'll catch you guys tomorrow.

6 comments:

SockDog said...

Yup colds suck although I must say that since I stopped smoking they're a million times less effective at turning me into a mucus oozing zombie. Put that warning on your ciggies!

As you ask, I have been playing C&C3 recently. Not a huge follower of RTS games but I find C&C easier to get into than most. Lots of fun so far (stupid escort missions aside) and takes that nasty taste of Stalker out of my mouth.

Today however, you're correct, I'll be in the garden trying to make it look more under control. If I manage that I expect the wife has another 10 things to keep me working on.

If I get a chance I'm also going to pop out and grab a Sansa Express MP3 player. This thing looks the balls, 1gig, OLED display, USB built in, 16 hours battery and MicroSD expansion. All for $60! Only downside is the lanyard attachment fits on the cap not the body?!?

Now like any good workman, I need to go find my hammer.

Anonymous said...

I've been playing Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 3, I'm busy to unlock everything. Anyone played that game? Cause I'm kinda stuck, I finished all my missions now I need to do them over again on harder and hard I guess. The only problem is that I don't know how to set the missions to harder, been searching for ages. So if anyone knows how to do this please come forward.

yeah colds are terrible, still I'm happy to know that not only people in the colder regions suffer from them.

Ishaan Sahdev said...

Oooh, is Gekitou Ninja Taisen the same as Ninja Council 3? that isn't the one on the DS is it, Cruds? The only Naruto game I ever played was one on the GBA, and that was because I was bored ... still, that new Shippuuden game for the Wii might be worth looking into.

Anonymous said...

No it's the old gamecube game, I believe it will get a western release soon, japan has 4 already. I have the Japanese version of 3 and always played with the characters you'll be getting from start. Now that I found a mission translation I've unlocked most of them. For the last few you'll need some major cash which you get by playing the missions on a harder mode and that problem I can't set it to hard. it's nowhere in my mission translation manual.

I don't know how the Wii remote will work with Naruto Shippuuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX but the Gekitou Ninja Taisen series are awesome I used to own 2 too. If they get the remote to work with it, that game will be a must have Wii title.

Cody Musser said...

No Heroes of Mana for me yet. I'll have to wait till it's stateside, and even then, I'm hoping it's much better than Children was. That was a huge disappointment for me, and it was a ridiculous chore to get through the game for review.

My weekend was spent cramming Tenjho Tenge. It was delightfully average, and laden with boobs.

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine a day when I'm caught up on all my media!

I spent the weekend mainly playing FFXII, FFIII, Come See Me Tonight, and I started watching .Hack /Sign. And I barely dented any of it it seems!