Monday, April 30, 2007

Sony conducting internal inquiry regarding dead goat incident

I can't believe... Why would... This is just...

...I have no words. I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what to say about this, so I'll let the quotes from GamesIndustry.biz do the talking. First, the necessary introductions:

GamesIndustry.biz has learned that Sony is to conduct an internal inquiry after hitting the headlines for displaying a decapitated goat at a press event for God of War 2.

And now on to the more ... fun stuff.

The Mail on Sunday article alleged that guests at the God of War 2 event "were invited to reach inside the goat's still-warm carcass to eat offal from its stomach" - a report dismissed by Sony as "categorically untrue".

Speaking to GI.biz the spokesperson explained, "In keeping with the theatrical nature of the event, the attendant media were invited to eat a bowl of food that purported to be from the animal - but in fact was a cooked traditional Greek dish."

The spokesperson added that the goat was not slaughtered specifically for the event; the organisers, a Greek production company, purchased the carcass from a butcher.

You'll excuse me for not posting a picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that just sounds sooo appealing...

SockDog said...

Perhaps it was just a modern art piece signifying the whole PS3 launch.