Harvest Moon creator offers solid advice for Nintendo

Yasuhiro Wada, creator of the Harvest Moon games sounds like a Nintendo lover at heart. And like the millions of other Nintendo lovers, he has some solid advice to offer the company. Of course, being the creator of a franchise as vast as Harvest Moon, Yasuhiro's opinion should probably be taken more seriously than most.
Wii cannot really compete against PS3 or 360, which is why Wii's main competitor right now is DS. They are competing on the same level. So, Nintendo has to work harder to make Wii's own market, as opposed to competing against DS's market. This would be my first piece of advice to Nintendo.
Wii Sports is the only game that can be ONLY played on Wii, not on any other console. So future games plans such as Brain Training on Wii or that type of thing — I don't think this is such a great idea — as these games are already being played and are very popular on DS... they are not specific to the Wii.
The third piece of advice I would give them would be to reduce the price of the DS! [compared to price of Wii] That's my main bit of advice. I think they can do it... If they want to reduce the price they can.
I have to say, that's an extremely interesting viewpoint there. I never thought of it that way. The Wii competing with the DS. It is true that they share the same market, but people who bought the DS aren't necessarily going to buy the Wii and vice-versa. So basically, Nintendo has to ensure that the two systems complement each other, yet remain in fierce competition? That's an extremely fine line.
Oh, and they can definitely cut the DS's price. My guess is, they're probably waiting for the new PSP model to enter the market before doing so.
[Spoing via Kotaku]
2 comments:
hello!
do you know that i really love harvest moon.... i really want it but there are o sales in here in philippines.. and many peoples are finiding that game...
man...I really wish they will follow Yasuhiro Wada-san's opinion especially the third since I want a DS.And if I have one then I can play Rune Factory Shin Bokujo Monogatari or even Harvest Moon DS
Post a Comment