Atari competing with Game 3.0

"Competing" doesn't seem to be a strong enough word as Atari is fairly certain what they're going to be dabbling in is way ahead of Sony's Game 3.0. Speaking with MCV, Atari Online Entertainment senior VP Chris Bergstresser revealed that the company is getting ready to roll out a gargantuan online initiative, which will (hopefully) best PlayStation Home.
“Let’s just say it will be PC to start with,” he said. “I can’t and I won’t speak for Europe but presumably if it is a success in the US then yes, it will be coming to Europe. We would quickly open it up to other territories."
“Phil Harrison had this big announcement of Game 3.0 and I think its great that he’s announced that because it will lend legitimacy to what we’re doing. But it goes further than that,” added Bergstresser. “We feel user generated content is not just something you just let people dabble in, we feel that it is something where you give people the tools to do whatever the hell they want."
Curious. I was under the impression that Atari was crumbling. Is this where all their time and money has been going? There might be hope yet. Just as long as it doesn't include the words "Second" and "Life", I'm all for it.
[Via Next Generation]
1 comment:
Come on now, that whole “game 3.0” thing is just a buzz word make up by Sony to make it appear they doing something new.
As for Atari the probably the worst company alive today, after there over-hyped “Enter the Matrix” they haven’t had one decent game except for Ikaruga but all they did was publish that game.
Post a Comment