Thursday, April 5, 2007

Atari boss calls it quits


Longtime Atari and Infogrames CEO, Bruno Bonnell has decided to step down from leading the company after a long tenure of 24 years. According to Next Generation, a bloke by the name of Patrick Leleu, with a history in the telecoms biz, is to be his replacement.

"It is with understandable emotions, but also reassurance about the future, that I leave Infogrames. Time for business developers has logically come, after the entrepreneurial period. It's now time for Infogrames to conquer and progress."

Bonnell might not be too happy about leaving the company, but it looks like he thinks some new blood might help shake things up a little after their last few years of steadily spiraling downhill. Frankly, I'm inclined to agree. Any kind of change couldn't make things much worse at this point in time. And well, with an awesome name like "Bruno", I doubt he'd have much trouble getting a better, more macho job.