Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Sam & Max headed to consoles?



Shack News recently conducted an interview with Telltale CEO Dan Connors during which he let slip an interesting piece of info regarding Sam & Max possibly going multiplatform via Xbox Live Arcade, the PlayStation Network and the Virtual Console.
Shack: Much ado has been made of your job solicitations for Wii and Xbox 360 programmers. What can you say about your plans there?

Dan Connors: Well, we're hoping to get on to both consoles, with Live Arcade and Virtual Console--I'm sorry, on all three consoles! But we're starting with Wii and Xbox, on both of their online services and retail as well. We want to open as much distribution as possible and reach as many people as possible, so when we go out and talk to a license holder we can say, "Hey, we can get your license in front of all these people. Come with us and we'll make sure it's a great product." The distribution channel drives a lot of that, especially if you're independent and you're an emerging media publisher. I think there's some room for us to grab a stake.

According to Conners, getting the attention of all three console developers is pretty damned hard, seeing as how they're so obviously busy dealing with multiple companies all at once. Hmm ... I don't think they should have much of a problem putting the title up for download on the 360, PS3 and Wii. Microsoft would jump at the opportunity to throw another popular title up on XBLA, Sony needs everything they can possibly get at this point in time and Nintendo would obviously benefit from this title being added to the plethora of Virtual Console games.

1 comment:

SockDog said...

I've yet to buy these for some reason. I think the SIN Episodes thing kinda tainted my lust to pay for the full deal up front. I have fond fond memories of the original though and really LucasArts is doing the genre a disservice of star wars prequel proportions by not releasing more games!

Given the choice loading up an episode via VC might be preferable to playing through on this PC. Price and content allowing of course.