Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Ninja Gaiden DS? WHAAAAAAA?!


All hail Jeux-France (yes, again!) and their uncanny ability to sniff out the most mind-boggling news stories from the Land of the Rising Sun. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, they've done it again. According to J-F, in an interview with Famitsu, Team Ninja founder and professional Namco-hater Tomonobu Itagaki revealed that the Ninja Gaiden franchise would be making its way over to the DS.

Whaaaaa? If this announcement doesn't look like it's bursting at the seams with what I like to call the "WTF-ness factor", I don't know what does. Titled Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword (Nothing like "DS" abbreviations to make a point. Welcome back, 2006!), the game will have players hold the DS like a book, just as in Hotel Dusk.

Sadly, J-F's scan of the Famitsu page this was on looks ugly as sin, but hey; an announcement is an announcement. Sorry if I'm not making any sense ... I'm still trying to wrap myself around this. Ninja Gaiden on the DS ... what the hell are they thinking?

OK, well; stupid question. They're thinking, "It prints money!"