Guess who got a DS Lite?

Thaaaaaat's right. I'm finally "next-gen". Today, after I finally got through a month of what I can only call slow, excruciating torture, I went out and did it.
Recap: This last month has seen me quit a job, give two exams every single freaking day (and that includes weekends) for a week straight, worry over my cat's health (damn Exhema ... is that how you spell it?), watch End of Evangelion (which was such a mindfuck I never want to hear of it again) and set my Microwave on fire while cooking pizza (don't ask).
As you can see, I've been a little ... caught up with stuff.
But today, after two weeks of putting it off due to various aspects of my life getting in the way, I finally went out and bought a DS Lite. On my way to the store, I could hardly believe I was finally getting one. I've used a DS before ... played on my ex-girlfriends' extensively. But I was finally going to get my own. It was a joyous day indeed.
Once at the store of my choice, I asked for the Onyx system, which -- sadly -- they didn't have in stock. Seeing as how I've been wanting to get a DS for ages, I settled for the next best colour -- the navy blue. I then headed over to the games section to check out what they had in stock.
Alas, both Final Fantasy III and Hotel Dusk were sold out, so I bought Elite Beat Agents and Metroid Prime Hunters. The number of games in the DS section was really overwhelming. They were literally everywhere. It's so strange because this isn't something that you really take much notice of when you're visiting a store and just browsing around. You see all these DS games and think "Wow, nice. Good to see they have so much variety on the system."
But when you're actually planning to buy yourself a few titles, the DS section is completely overwhelming. There was so much I wanted to check out. Super Mario 64, Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros., Portrait of Ruin, Resident Evil: Deadly Silence, Trauma Center...
The list is endless. It then struck me I had limited finances for the time being and could only buy three ... four if I stretched it a little. Since FFIII and Hotel Dusk were sold out, I decided to buy just two titles and save the rest of my cash to buy those the day the shop got a new stock.
Once I was out of the store and on my way back home, I almost expected to feel a surge of energy pulsating within my hands, not unlike a Saiyan preparing a big-ass fireball to hurl at a building or something. A feeling of power ... a feeling that screamed "YOU ARE NOW NEXT-GEN!!!!"
No such thing happened, though. In fact, when I got into the car, I almost wondered if I'd made a mistake.
Needless to say, all these doubts were wiped clean away the minute I opened the box. For one thing, the DS was so shiny and cool it nearly blinded me as the light bounced off it and hit me right in the face. Then I got to the system and user settings, which gave me a little while to personalize my new baby. I didn't even know the damned thing had an inbuilt alarm ... that is so freaking cool.
The first thing that struck me was how what the DS really needs is USB support. This might sound awfully judgemental seeing as how this is my first day with the device, but it would be nice to be able to just plug it into your PC and upload/download crap without all the homebrew gadgetry. The problem is, the Lite is so reminiscent of an oversized iPod, you almost expect it to include MP3 funcionality. Alas, this is not so.
But enough of this. I'm going to give EBA another shot. The game is killing me. I can't even get past the second song yet! What I will say, though is that I love the style of the game and how outrageous it is. Long live Commander Kahn.
Oh, and if my writing was a little grammatically incorrect, riddled with typos and highly fanboyish, it's because I still wet my pants everytime I look at the DS sitting here on my desk re-charging its batteries so I can have my way with it all night.
More thoughts on this later.
9 comments:
Haha Congratulations, That means that I'm officially the last person on Earth that's still current/previous gen. Its all good though, Europe is way behind away. Godhand comes out the 16th of this month so that will be my purchase for this month. Okami (came out last week) just has to wait.
Strange really that I don't own a DS I had pre-ordered for launch, then I heard about the PSP and canceled it. Decided to wait to see which one come on top. Guess I'm buying mine pretty soon. The list of DS games I want to play is huge.
Ah, the DS. Truly the best gaming system out there right now.
I seriously spend more time playing EBA, Mario Kart DS, and any number of other DS titles right now more than anything for the Wii, 360, or PS2. I'll just pick the thing up in between every little thing I do all day and play a level or race a track. It's become almost subconscious.
Glad to have you join the ranks of the DS owning masses Ishaan! And when you get Mario Kart DS and Portrait of Ruin, you've got to send me over your friend codes. We've got to tear that shit up on wireless!
Well, I'm actually spending more time with Prime Hunters right now than with EBA. I kid you not.
I'll get back to EBA soon, of course. Just that I am completely blown away by Hunters. I was debating whether to buy this or another game and I'm glad I got this. The audio is really nicely done...so are the graphics. Bit of pixellation when you view textures up close, but it's still awesome considering it's on a freaking handheld.
It reminds me of the original Unreal Tournament for some reason.
Kirby Canvas Curse was the game that made me really appreciate my DS. I started with Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, and New Super Mario, but neither of those really gave me a feel for touchscreen. At least an enjoyable feel.
I totally recommend Canvas Curse to anyone just getting a DS, and Elite Beat Agents as well; but, well, you're one step ahead on that one.
Wow, that's the first time I've seen a Kirby recommendation. I'll keep it in mind, though ... thanks for the heads up!
I really want FFIII and Hotel Dusk, too ... especially the latter. I'm a huge fan of adventure games.
Well, since we're on the subject of DS recommendations, I have to bring up the Phoenix Wright series(great adventure games), New Super Mario Bros. (This is a no duh to me), and the fantastic strategy game Advance Wars: Dual Strike.
I can go on, but those three will do for now. :)
情趣用品,情趣用品,飛機杯,自慰套,充氣娃娃,AV女優.按摩棒,跳蛋,潤滑液,角色扮演,情趣內衣
免費視訊聊天,辣妹視訊,視訊交友網,美女視訊,視訊交友,視訊交友90739,成人聊天室,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,情色視訊,情人視訊網,視訊美女
一葉情貼圖片區,免費視訊聊天室,免費視訊,ut聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,影音視訊聊天室,
辣妹視訊,美女視訊,視訊交友網,視訊聊天室,視訊交友,視訊美女,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,視訊交友90739,免費視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,視訊聊天,視訊交友aooyy
哈啦聊天室,辣妺視訊,A片,色情A片,視訊,080視訊聊天室,視訊美女34c,視訊情人高雄網,視訊交友高雄網,0204貼圖區,sex520免費影片,情色貼圖,視訊ukiss,視訊ggoo,視訊美女ggoo
080苗栗人聊天室,080中部人聊天室ut,ut影音視訊聊天室13077,視訊做愛,kk777視訊俱樂部
A片下載,成人影片下載,免費A片下載,日本A片,情色A片,免費A片
影音視訊聊天室,辣妹視訊
自慰套,自慰套,自慰器,情趣,情趣,視訊交友,充氣娃娃,AV,按摩棒,電動按摩棒,情趣按摩棒,按摩棒,跳蛋,跳蛋,跳蛋,男女,潤滑液,SM,情趣內衣,內衣,性感內衣,角色扮演,角色扮演服,吊帶襪,丁字褲,情趣用品,情趣用品,飛機杯,自慰套
To be a good human being is to from a philanthropic of openness to the in the seventh heaven, an ability to group uncertain things beyond your own pilot, that can lead you to be shattered in very extreme circumstances pro which you were not to blame. That says something remarkably outstanding about the fettle of the principled compulsion: that it is based on a trustworthiness in the fitful and on a willingness to be exposed; it's based on being more like a spy than like a prize, something rather dainty, but whose very precise beauty is inseparable from that fragility.
Post a Comment