Friday, February 9, 2007

Team Wright on Spore


Goddamn, it's been a busy news day. I'm going to keep this short since the actual article is way too long for me to talk about. GameSpot has some nice coverage of Will Wright's Spore team at D.I.C.E. Here's the usual excerpt:
The real trick, Wright explained, is making a complex game easy to play. This was the subject of Will Wright's presentation at the D.I.C.E. Summit this afternoon in Las Vegas, which was given to a packed house in the Green Valley Ranch's Grand Ballroom.

Wright was accompanied by four main components of the Spore team and about two million slides, which both served to inform and entertain. The four team members--Ocean Quigley, Chaim Gingold, Jenna Chalmers, and Alex Hutchinson--gave the vast majority of the presentation, each describing their experience with their roles in development.

Hit the link above for the entire event. A must-read for Spore fans. Some of the ideas they talk about are so mindblowing, I have absolutely no idea how they'll ever manage to bring Spore to the DS. Then again, it's a DS port ... those almost always suck.

No comments: