Looking back: Civil War: Mark Millar spills the beans

Now that Civil War's come and gone, writer Mark Millar sat down with Newsarama for that one, final, big talk about the project in which he reveals all -- how it came to be, what the consequences were, who was involved in its conception and a lot more. Here's an interesting excerpt from the interview:
Next morning we hopped a cab from the hotel together and he said he had a great idea. Why don't we do something he'd touched upon as part of his big New Avengers plans with regard to secret identities and registration? He had this idea of S.H.I.E.L.D. versus the Marvel Universe and I liked the sound of this, though by the time we met Jeph Loeb we all agreed that S.H.I.E.L.D. was being massively overused and it would be better of the heroes were fighting each other. I pinched the “Civil War” name from the project Hitchy and I were planning next because it was also about one group of Marvel heroes fighting another group of Marvel heroes and before we knew it a blockbuster was born. Or at least conceived, like so many other things, in the back of a taxi cab.
Heh. Taxi cab. And I'm glad they didn't go through with the S.H.I.E.L.D. idea, too. They are being overused. However, with Tony now being the new director of S.H.I.E.L.D., I can't wait for Nick Fury to make his grand return and see how things play out.
Anyway, I'd recommend checking out the interview at the link above if you've been following Civil War at all. Tons of interesting tidbits of info to think about.
No comments:
Post a Comment