Tuesday, January 16, 2007

WoW on consoles not likely


Remember how someone "hax0red" the Wiimote to integrate it into World of Warcraft? Well, interesting as the concept might have seemed to the rest of us, Blizzard doesn't seem to think too highly of it.

In a recent interview with Pro-G, Blizzard game designer Jonathan LeCraft expressed his thoughts about WoW on the Wii. Needless to say, he wasn't as easily impressed as the rest of the WoW Wii community when he heard the news:

"You really do need a keyboard to play WoW," he said. "I've seen some mods where people have hooked up WoW to their Wii. When I saw that I was like, well, that's got to be pretty easy to PVP against, honestly. It's not something we're looking at right now."


He went on to say there were no plans to port the game over to either the 360 or the PS3, so despite whatever wannabe industry know-it-alls tell you, it's not going to happen. Here's where it gets interesting, though. LeCraft mentioned that the chances of Blizzard creating another MMORPG were quite likely.

He said: "I think we have the capacity for another one [MMO]. It [World of Warcraft] means that there's going to be some other cool games coming from the studio because we're very successful. And I think they're even going to be a step above what people expect.

"We're always considering our licenses when we think about our next product. They are really strong, well known licenses. We own them completely so we can do whatever we want. We can take the fiction in whatever direction or apply whatever gameplay we want."


World of Diablo anyone? Didn't think so.

No comments: