Thursday, January 25, 2007

Suzuka anime licensed!


About freaking time. Suzuka is one of those series that would have benefitted from a slightly larger budget and an extended story, but is still fun to watch nevertheless. Personally, I'm a huge fan of the series' depiction of high school drama. Suzuka is the perfect blend of sports, shounen and shoujo features along with a few (very few, mind you) panty shots thrown in for the heck of it. The manga -- localized by Del Rey -- is still going strong and I must say they're doing an awesome job of remaining faithful to the original as always.

According to Anime News Network, Suzuka has been picked up by Funimation and they are currently in the early stages of discussing cross-promotion with Del Rey. Seeing as how their take on Fullmetal Alchemist was nothing short of amazing, I have high hopes for Suzuka. Suzuka is slated to start releasing this Spring on DVD in the US.

No comments: