Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Cool new Samurai game for PC


Hey, we don't know a damned thing about the game, OK? Give me a freaking break! According to Eurogamer, Abborado studios has announced a new IP (a trilogy) titled Once Upon a Time in Japan. The first in this series, titled "Earth" (assuming Once Upon a Time: Earth means the franchise will retain its title) is due for release in Q4 2007.

The game sounds rather intriguing, considering it includes digitally hand-drawn art inspired by Disney and Studio Ghibli (and if you don't know what that is, go play in traffic) and is "a third-person point-and-click adventure for the PC, which tells the story of Zenjiro, a samurai who left his clan during a time of war in search of a peaceful life with his family."
Quality is key for the Texan developer, as Abborado's co-founder Jared Morante explains:

"What we're doing with these games will hopefully enthral players and we strive to excel in every area, from art, to gameplay design, writing, character development, and score."

The game will feature a full original score, authentic Japanese voice acting (no dubs for you non-otaku pussies) and intelligently constructed puzzles that are accurately tied to Japanese history.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I want this game SO much.

Charlie said...

Wow, sounds great. I'll be looking forward to it. I used to be really into these point and click adventure games.

Ishaan Sahdev said...

Yea, I'm a total sucker for point-and-clicks, too. The first one I ever played was Toonstruck. That was such an awesome game.

You guys should really check out The Longest Journey, too. It is mind blowing.